Building on what we read and discovered about mystery stories last week, the boys and girls in year 3 have begun writing their own stories! We had to remember these top tips when writing:
- Don’t give away all the mystery before the end – you can reveal what’s happened but not who has done it!
- Leave clues for the reader so they can solve the mystery alongside the characters.
- Keep the mystery moving – don’t have all the action happening in one place.
- Use dialogue to move the story on.
- Show characters’ feelings by describing their reactions to new situations.
I’m sure you can spot some of these features in the children’s writing 🙂