The Governors of Dunston Hill are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Early Years Key Worker to join the school on a fixed term contract for 1 year. Working hours are 8.30am – 3.45pm Monday to Friday term time only. You should have: An NVQ/CACHE Level 3 for Teaching Assistants/Childcare or equivalent
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Current or recent experience of working with pupils in the Foundation Stage
- An understanding of child development, learning and the Early Years curriculum
- An understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of legislation
- Effective use of IT to support learning and assessment
- Good communication skills
- An ability to encourage pupils to fulfil their potential, offering choice, support and praise
- An ability to encourage high standards of pupil discipline at all times and deal with any behaviour giving cause for concern
- An ability to work as part of a team and understand classroom roles and responsibilities
In return we can offer:A diverse and vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging children with ‘can do’ attitudes
- A positive, caring ethos and culture
- An excellent state of the art learning environment which is extremely well resourced
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly colleagues
- A supportive and effective governing body
- Professional development opportunities and experiences
Dunston Hill Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please send in all applications marked for the attention of the Headteacher, Carl Sutherland, at the school address.
CLOSING DATE 12.00 noon, Friday 24th May 2019. Applicants who have been shortlisted (taking place on Tuesday 4th June) will be informed by Wednesday 5th June 2019. Those who are unsuccessful in being shortlisted will not be contacted. Interviews will take place on Friday 14th June 2019.