This week we designed and wrote a recipe to include seasonal food. We chose brussels sprouts and chestnuts as our seasonal foods after some research. Today we prepared and cooked our recipe. We now have a lot of children who like sprouts! The chestnuts were also popular. Take a look at our recipe below.
- 8 brussels sprouts
- 4 chestnuts, chopped into quarters
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Boil the sprouts for 4 minutes then drain them and run cold water over them so they stop cooking.
- Cut them in half.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan or wok and add all the chopped ingredients.
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes until golden brown.