This afternoons Dunston Gala was a fantastic success raising £386.40 for our ‘Dunston Goes Tech’ project. Mrs Cox and staff would like to say a huge thank you to our Friends of Dunston Hill members (Ms Wardle, Robinson and Cutter) who assisted with...read more
Pupils and staff will complete a 1 mile walking challenge in aid of Sports Relief on Friday the 23rd of March. Monty the Magpie from Newcastle United Football Club will also be there to officially start the race. The school gates will be open...read more
Dunston Goes Tech
We have committed a huge amount of resources to develop IT to ensure the computing curriculum is taught to a high standard.
- All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, visualisers, an iPad and Apple TV to ensure that lessons are visual and exciting, helping to focus the children’s attention
- All classes are timetabled to use our IT suite so that pupils are able to develop their keyboard skills and access intervention software set to meet their individual learning needs
- Educational software is used extensively to provide personalised learning across all areas of the curriculum
- We have invested in the use of iPads to cope with the increased demands in the number of software applications
Why do we need your support?
We do not have sufficient funding to replace the PCs in our IT suite / drop out areas as they are:
- Incompatible with the latest versions of educational learning systems and need replacing this year
- Equipment is 9 years old, and very slow so is becoming ineffective with the latest platforms
- Due to the age of the PCs its now having a negative effect on the children’s IT skills.
Our Dunston Goes Tech Project
Our project aims to sustain and develop IT provision in our school by asking for the financial support from our local business community to help refresh our IT suite. This will:
- Provide better chances in life for 460 pupils and over 300 families
- Create a community hub to improve the basic skills and job opportunities of our families
- Prepare our children for the transition to higher education and the IT literacy required
- Improve the confidence of our families to support their child(ren)’s education through parent/carer workshops and assist them to protect them while surfing online
- Provide future recruitment opportunities and economic growth of North East businesses.
We are proud to be working in partnership with United Carlton to offer businesses in the local area an opportunity to support our school and in return we hope to provide a return on your investment. We are asking for donations to reach our £17,000 target.
In return for your investment we will:
- Name our ICT suite after the company with the highest donation
- Engrave the names of all companies donating on a plaque in pride of place in our ICT suite
- Promote your company via our dedicated sponsorship page on our school website and newsletter
- Promote your company via our social media pages which we use extensively to promote good news stories – Facebook and Twitter
- Invite you to attend the grand opening to see how your donation will benefit the lives of our pupils and their families
- We are open to suggestions how we can help promote your business and the Dunston Goes Tech Project partnership
- Work together to contribute to a brighter future for the region.
To offer your support:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your contact details and attach your company logo (high resolution).
- If you feel that you are able to help in other ways please either email me on the above address or call me on 0191 433 4021
A huge thank you to those company’s who have already pledged their support to achieve our goals:
A huge thank you to our company sponsors of our football kits (Pulman Group & Cooking4Life) and athletics kits (Diamond Drilling and Cutting).
Sponsors of our “Dunston Goes Green” Project
Over the past eight years we have committed a huge amount of resources to create a fantastic environmental area to ensure that our pupils have access to green space in a safe and relaxing environment. We also have a well-established Forest School, in which pupils access a range of activities such as den building, growing, cooking in the fire pit etc. Our gardening club has also been a great success and is well attended by our pupils and families to share their expertise and skills. Our project provides:
- a greater understanding of nature, recycling and the environment
- improved social skills, confidence, independence, attitudes and behaviour of our pupils
- additional support for our vulnerable pupils in our nurture groups
- ensuring people are healthier / more active and have better chances in life
Why do we need your support?
Lottery funding has enabled us to purchase an outdoor classroom which is scheduled to be built in April this year. The classroom will be accessed by all of our pupils to enhance their learning experience in all weathers. Your contribution will be used exclusively for the purchase of furniture, gardening resources, a storage shed and other resources which we otherwise cannot afford.
For your £200 annual donation we will:
- promote your company via a dedicated sponsorship page on our school website and via social media (facebook and twitter)
- provide you with a regular update on project developments
- promote your business as a feature FREE of charge in our weekly newsletter once a year
- welcome you to attend an open day to see how your donation has benefited the lives of our pupils and families
- work together to contribute to a brighter and sustainable future for the Dunston community
I would like to become a community sponsor
- please email email@example.com, your contact details and attach your company logo (high resolution).
- please note if you would like to offer any promotional discounts to our families i.e. 10% discount
- if you feel that you are able to help in other ways please either email me on the above address or call me on 0191 433 4021