Year 5 have spent the afternoon investigating global trade! Each group represented a different country and were given a different starting point in the game. The aim of the game was to create shapes to sell to the bank and the country who had the most...
A HUGE thank you to all Year 5 families who provided us with a delicious selection of donated cakes and treats for us to sell at our bake sale! Well done to 5O School Councillors (and honorary member Dylan) for manning the stall - we were super busy! We...
Year 5 have been SO lucky this afternoon! We had a visit from Eileen, our amazing 'bug lady', who arrived at school with a few interesting friends! Take a look at the photos and see who we had the chance to meet! I think our faces say it all!
What a great afternoon! In an investigation to test what design and materials would make the 'perfect parachute', 5O used their design and construction skills to create their own parachute, attached to their egg passenger! The children worked brilliantly...
Poetry fun! Year 5 showcased their creativity skills today when writing their final version of their poem! The children looked at how line length in poetry can have different effects on the reader so they wrote down all of their ideas...and chopped them...
I would like to wish everyone a big, warm welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful Summer holiday and are ready for the Year 5 journey ahead! The children have settled brilliantly into our new classroom and are definitely enjoying being in the top end of the school in Upper Key Stage 2. Although it can seem a little daunting at times, everyone has found their feet and are loving it!
A few little reminders for the upcoming half-term:
- P.E is on a Thursday however if kits could come in on a Monday and stay in school until the Friday as our timetable may change now and then.
- Forest School is on a Wednesday so children will need wellington boots and a warm jacket.
- Spellings will go home on a Monday and are to be learnt for the following Monday.
- Reading should be taking place every night for at least 15 minutes and diaries should be signed by an adult at least 3 times a week. These will be checked by the class teacher on a weekly basis. Reading books and diaries will be arriving home shortly!
- Creative Homework has now been sent home and the progress check point dates can be found on the homework grid.
If there is anything the Year 5 team can help with, please do not hesitate to ask! A big well done to the children for having such a fab first week – here’s to many more!