Today, the children were lucky to take part in a puncture repair workshop with Bike it Ben! They worked in teams to organise the instructions into the correct order, before trying them out for themselves! The children worked in groups to use a puncture...
Year 5 loved their Judo taster today! The photos say it all!
This year, on March 13th, we will be taking our school choir to Sage Gateshead to take part in this year's Spring Sing. This event is a great opportunity to showcase the talents of children from across the north east and join with others. This year, the...
Year 5 were excited to find out today that they are taking part in sessions ran by the Newcastle United Foundation for the next 3 weeks! Today’s session focused on looking at Match Fit’s 5 key fitness points and discussing why the Newcastle players have...
What a fantastic afternoon 5O have had! The children looked lovely in their party clothes as they danced and played games at the disco! Thank you so much for bringing in lots of yummy party food for our buffet - the children ate like kings and queens! A...
I would like to wish everyone a big, warm welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful Summer holiday and are ready for the Year 5 journey ahead! The children have settled brilliantly into our new classroom and are definitely enjoying being in the top end of the school in Upper Key Stage 2. Although it can seem a little daunting at times, everyone has found their feet and are loving it!
A few little reminders for the upcoming half-term:
- P.E is on a Thursday however if kits could come in on a Monday and stay in school until the Friday as our timetable may change now and then.
- Forest School is on a Wednesday so children will need wellington boots and a warm jacket.
- Spellings will go home on a Monday and are to be learnt for the following Monday.
- Reading should be taking place every night for at least 15 minutes and diaries should be signed by an adult at least 3 times a week. These will be checked by the class teacher on a weekly basis. Reading books and diaries will be arriving home shortly!
- Creative Homework has now been sent home and the progress check point dates can be found on the homework grid.
If there is anything the Year 5 team can help with, please do not hesitate to ask! A big well done to the children for having such a fab first week – here’s to many more!