Take a look at our gorgeous hedgehogs and hedgehog homes! We used team building skills and resourced our models from natural ingredients all around us. Thanks Mrs Cox!read more
We have been doing lots of work on understanding the value of each digit in a 3-digit number - the hundreds, tens and ones. We used what we have learnt to order numbers on a number line, explaining how we know they go in certain places.read more
We began this half term's art unit on self-portraits with a 'cold' piece - looking at a photo of ourselves and trying to draw what we saw. Watch this space for progress over the coming weeks!read more
Some snaps from the first couple of weeks enjoying Year 3 🙂read more
Important things to remember:
- PE kits should be in school all week, taken home at the weekends for washing. Our current PE days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but we often have changes of timetable, visitors in school etc. which means that PE may take place on different days.
- Reading – your child should be reading at least 3 times a week, one of these times to an adult. Feel free to read loads of times though! We love to read!
- Forest School – Year 3 will be doing Forest School on Monday afternoons and will need appropriate clothing (like in year 2), including a waterproof/old coat, wellies, warm trousers, e.g. jogging bottoms, and a hat/cap.
- Water bottles – your child should have a bottle in on Mondays and taken home to be washed on Fridays. Cups are provided if your child has forgotten their bottle but this is not the most hygienic way to do it.
- Creative homework – this has been given out for this half term and the progress check dates are on the sheet. Remember – you need to earn at least 15 points in a half term. We love to see you achieving more!
- No jewellery except a watch. Earrings must be taken out before school to avoid any injuries.
- ENJOY SCHOOL! If we follow our golden rules and show care and respect for all, we’ll have a great time.