So much effort has been put into creative homework again! Well done to those children who have completed theirs for this progress check; many of you have already met the 15 points or more, and most of you are well on your way! Great work!
This week in science, the children planned a fair test to investigate the permeability of rocks. They worked together to drop water onto different types of rock and recorded whether it soaked in or not. They also took note of the appearance of the rock to...
Once again I have been blown away with the children's efforts for their Creative Homework this week! It has been so great to see the variety of tasks completed and also the enthusiasm from the children as they share their work with others. Well done...
Lots of fun was had at the Autumn Disco! Whether in scary costumes or their glad rags, the children had a great time! It was fab to see their dance moves!!
It has been amazing to see 3B's creative homework this week. So much effort has been put into not only the models, but also the the written tasks. Well done 3B - I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeves!! A big thanks to parents and carers...
A big welcome back to you all! The children have come back from the October half term with smiles on their faces and eager attitudes towards their learning. It has been great to hear about what they have been getting up to and are continuing with the great attitudes that they started the year with! I know they will continue to do this across all aspects of their school life. Keep checking back here for regular updates about what we’ve been getting up to in 3B and please don’t hesitate to speak to us about any questions you may have. Remember, we have an open-door policy so if you need us, just let us know! Thanks, Mrs Burn, Mrs Ion, Mrs Donaldson and the team 🙂
Things to remember:
- PE kits should be in school all week, taken home at the weekends for washing. Our current PE days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but we often have changes of timetable, visitors in school etc. which means that PE may take place on different days.
- Reading – your child should be reading at least 3 times a week, one of these times to an adult. Feel free to read more that this though – and it doesn’t just have to be the school reading book! We love to read!
- Forest School – Year 3 will be doing Forest School on Monday afternoons and will need appropriate clothing (like in year 2), including a waterproof/old coat, wellies, warm trousers, e.g. jogging bottoms, and a hat/cap.
- Water bottles – your child should have a bottle in on Mondays and taken home to be washed on Fridays.
- Creative homework – this has been given out for this half term and the progress check dates are on the sheet. Remember – you need to earn at least 15 points in a half term. We love to see you achieving more and can’t wait to see how creative you can be!
- Spelling and times table tests will be on a Monday morning. New spelling and times tables will be handed out then too.