As a part of Science week, 3B have enjoyed learning about the botanist David Bellamy. When watching videos of him, they commented on how passionate, interesting and knowledgeable he was. They were so inspired by his enthusiasm, they decided to head out...
Once again I have been amazed by the children's creations this week! It was great hearing all about their creative homework and seeing them so proud to share it with their peers. A huge well done to everyone who has met, or even exceeded, their 15...
What a day! The loss of the Year 3 staff’s memories inspired some very inquisitive questions from the children. Why are you dressed like that? Why are your clothes burnt? Why is there a caravan in the yard? Why is your breakfast on the table? Why is Mrs...
This year, on March 13th, we will be taking our school choir to Sage Gateshead to take part in this year's Spring Sing. This event is a great opportunity to showcase the talents of children from across the north east and join with others. This year, the...
In D.T. last half term, we have been learning the skills needed to create our own pencil case. We started by looking at a variety of styles before designing our own. We also thought about the key features that they needed in order for it to be a successful...
A big welcome back to you all! The children have started the new year with smiles on their faces and eager attitudes towards their learning. It has been great to hear about their Christmas holidays and how they are continuing with the great attitudes that they started Year 3 with! I know they will continue to do this across all aspects of their school life. Keep checking back here for regular updates about what we’ve been getting up to in 3B and please don’t hesitate to speak to us about any questions you may have. Remember, we have an open-door policy so if you need us, just let us know! Thanks, Mrs Burn, Mrs Ion, Mrs Donaldson and the team 🙂
Things to remember:
- PE kits should be in school all week, taken home at the weekends for washing. Our current PE days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays but we often have changes of timetable, visitors in school etc. which means that PE may take place on different days.
- Reading – your child should be reading at least 3 times a week, one of these times to an adult. Feel free to read more that this though – and it doesn’t just have to be the school reading book! We love to read!
- Forest School – Year 3 will be doing Forest School on Monday afternoons and will need appropriate clothing (like in year 2), including a waterproof/old coat, wellies, warm trousers, e.g. jogging bottoms, and a hat/cap.
- Water bottles – your child should have a bottle in on Mondays and taken home to be washed on Fridays.
- Creative homework – this has been given out for this half term and the progress check dates are on the sheet. Remember – you need to earn at least 15 points in a half term. We love to see you achieving more and can’t wait to see how creative you can be!
- Spelling and times table tests will be on a Monday morning. New spelling and times tables will be handed out then too.
Please find our Spring Term Curriculum Overview below.
We have been learning our 3, 4 and 8 times tables this year, in addition to the 2, 5 and 10 times tables learnt in year 2.
We’ve found a great way to help us! We’re learning them with a variety of characters from the BBC.
Here’s the link if you wanted to practise some more at home