Miss Bunce and Mrs Cowan were SICK of lunchtime troubles and needed help keeping their sandwiches dry. We looked at different materials we could wrap them in, and predicted which would be the best for the job. Together, we came up with an idea how to...
Year 1 are heading to Sage Gateshead next month to take part in the 'Big Sing for Mini Singers' and we can't wait! We are working hard on the songs linked to 'Journeys' and were fortunate this week to enjoy a music workshop with Claire Tustin, who has...
Year 1 have loved exploring measures in Maths! Recently, we have worked on understanding the difference between capacity and volume and have avoided getting too wet when undertaking investigations! Here we were trying to determine which container would be...
As part of Science Week, Year 1 enjoyed finding out about David Attenborough, and loved watching clips from some of his famous documentaries, including Blue Planet and Planet Earth. During a clip, the children learnt about the importance of looking after...
This week the children really enjoyed learning about Chinese New Year. They now know it is the year of the pig and why, as well as learning the importance of the Chinese dragons.
Welcome to 1C!
Happy New Year!
We hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! We are looking forward to seeing all of the children tomorrow and hearing about what they got off Santa.
A huge welcome back to all of the children in 1C! We have really enjoyed getting to know the children this week and hearing about what they have been up to during the summer. They have all settled in really well and we are looking forward to the year ahead. Please keep checking our website page to see what we get up to this year and feel to come and see us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs Cowan and Mrs Rippon
- PE is on a Monday afternoon. Children will need T-shirts, shorts and plimsolls.
- Children will have Forest School with Mrs Cox on a Tuesday afternoon. They will need: an old coat, preferably waterproof; a hat; old jeans/tracksuit bottoms (waterproof if they have them) and wellies, ideally, or old shoes.
- Children have all been sent home with a reading book and will receive a Reading Diary as soon as we get them in school. Please read with your child as much as possible and sign their diary. There is a box in the classroom for children to put their finished reading books in and then they will receive a new one to take home.
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school.
- The Creative Curriculum homework has been sent home. Please spend time doing these tasks with your child and ensure they are sent back to school on the check point days given.